Are you thinking about starting a low carb diet but have no idea if it will work for you or not? Have you ever tried to lose weight but failed to the ground? What if I tell you that there is a diet system out there than can make you shed weight without even starving yourself?
Looks like a fairy tale, right?
Look! This is so true and you will see yourself.
Here is the deal,
Before jumping to the main topic of this article, I’d like to invite you to take a small tour around everything we will tackle in this article.
What Is A Low Carb Diet?
Low carb diet, as its name suggests, is simply a diet system where you put your body into a low carb and high fat state. You restrict your carb intake and up your protein, veggies and healthy fat intake.
You can read more about low carb diet here.
Top 5 Best Low Carb Diet Recipes
Cheesy Bacon And Eggs Quiche
- 1. Heavy cream
- 1 cup 2. Swiss or cheddar cheese
- 1 cup 3. Large eggs
- 7 pcs4. Crispy crumbled bacon
- 1 cup 5. Pepper and salt
- 1. Preheat oven - 360 F
- 2. Spray or butter quiche pan with non-stick spray for cooking/baking
- 3. Beat eggs with cream
- 4. Add pepper and salt for tastiness
- 5. Add cheese and bacon then mix well
- 6. Pour all contents into pan
- 7. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until golden brown
Curried Beef Fajitas
- Canola oil
- 1/2 tablespoon
- Cooked flank steaks or cooked skirt steak (cut into strips)
- 1/2 lb.3. Splenda sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Soy sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Thinly sliced yellow pepper - 1/4 cup
- Thinly sliced onions - 1/4 cup
- 1. Heat the frying pan with oil. Stir vegetables before frying for 5 minutes
- 2. Add beef along with other remaining ingredients and simmer until there is no visible liquid left
- 3. Spread sour cream on tortilla shells and use beef, vegetables, and cheese.
Buffalo Hot Wings
- Chicken wings 3 lbs 2.
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- Hot sauce - 1/2 cup
- Unsalted butter - 4 ounces
- Cayenne pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- Worcestershire sauce - 1/4 teaspoon
- Blue cheese salad dressing - 1/2 cup
- Celery ribs cut into sticks - 4-5 pcs
- 1. While cooking chicken, mix together hot sauce, cayenne, Worcestershire sauce, melted butter, and keep warm.
- 2. Prepare dressing made and celery and set aside
- 3. Wash chicken wings and dry afterwards
- 3. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper
- 4. Deep fry wings in 3 inches of hot oil for about 15 minutes or bake for about 50 minutes at 350 F or until cooked crispy and thorough
- 5. Use paper towel to drain oil from chicken wings
- 6. Place wings in a large bowl for mixing and toss the sauce that was set aside and evenly coat the chicken wings. Serve some also as sauce
Fish Steak With Mushroom Sauce
- Fresh halibut, or other fish steaks - 4 ounces
- Salt - 1/8 teaspoon
- Cornstarch - 2 teaspoons
- Skim milk - 1/2 cup
- Mushrooms - 4 ounces
- Shredded carrots - 1/4 cup
- Shredded lemon - 1/2 teaspoon
- Parsley (fresh) - 1 tablespoon
- 1. Thaw fish
- 2. Arrange fish steaks in a baking dish
- 3. Cover the baking dish with clear wrap made of plastic
- 4. Cook on high power for 4 to 9 minutes or till fish falls off easily when tested with fork
- 5. Stir together cornstarch, salt, and bouillon granules
- 6. All at once, stir milk
- 7. Stir in mushroom and carrots
- 8. Cook for high power for 2 more minutes or till bubbly and thickened
- 9. Add in lemon peel
- 10. Serve over fish steaks
- 11. Use parsley as toppings
Peppered Scallop Soup
- Fresh tarragon - 1 pinch
- Fresh oregano - 1 pinch
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Butter or margarine, 3-4 tablespoons
- Sea scallops (1 inch piece-cut) - 1 lb.
- Paprika - 1 pinch
- Salt and pepper
- Sherry wine - 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
- Parsley sprig and lemon slice for garnishing
- 1. Heat butter in skillet over medium to high heat
- 2. Stir garlic, oregano, and tarragon and mix with melted butter
- 3. Add scallops and season with salt and pepper. Add paprika as well
- 4. Put lemon juice over scallops and saute for 6-8 minutes
- 5. Increase heat to very high then add wine and cook until there is almost no liquid in pan
- 6. Transfer to dish used for serving
- 7. Sprinkle with lemon slices, parsley, and paprika
Still want more recipes?
How Much Does Starting A Low Carb Cost?
The low carb lifestyle may cost a little bit more than refined carbs, but there are plenty of ways to keep those costs under control.
The first step is to accept that it isn't a reason to go back to the old high-carb way of eating. As weight drops and stays off, you will feel better and be healthier. And that translates to lower doctor bills or co-pays. And there are still ways to trim the budget while you are trimming your waistline.
Because you purchase meat doesn't mean you ought to purchase lean filet mignon consistently for supper.
Chicken thighs have a great deal of meat on them, and they are commonly low in cost.
Search for deals on crisp meat and get courageous in your cooking. If you see some extreme cuts of meat that are incredible arrangements, hurl it in your simmering pot in the morning with a few herbs and moderate cook it throughout the day for an exceptional treat at a financial plan satisfying expense.
While we can’t give you an exact number, a low carb diet doesn’t cost much to start. Even if we compare it with other diet plans and systems, low carb diet still rocks, both in price and the results it can give you.
What Happens After The Cheat Meal On A Low Carb Diet?
When anybody is on a low carb eat fewer carbs, leptin levels will drop, and the digestion can back off and turn out to be somewhat stifled.
Initially, this is not an issue as the diminished sugar admission will quickly help you lose pounds of muscle to fat quotients in a brief span yet before long, this decreased metabolic rate should be tended to and rapidly or fat misfortune can rapidly go to a sudden halt.
Secondly, it keeps you level headed and gives you something to envision over and over for consistently. For a large number individuals, a cheat supper every 5-7 days is adequate however should be used if the eating routine has been spotless and all around balanced in the 4-5 days making ready to the masterminded cheat devour.
I would admonish a cheat day where you genuinely eat whatever you requirement for the entire day. This is best done on a Sunday so the new week can start first thing Monday.
Read more about cheat meal here.
Will You Lose Weight Following The Low Carb Diet?
People across the globe seem to have different ideas and methods when it comes to losing weight.
What is the best way to lose weight?
The harsh truth is that there is no painless or effortless method available. However, some studies have proven that going on a low carb diet can effectively help you lose your weight.
What is low carb diet?
As mentioned earlier, low carb diet is a popular phrase among the weight loss experts these days. It simply means a diet that consists of fewer carbohydrates and a considerably higher proportion of fat.
Will you lose weight following the low carb diet?
Most people think that only rigorous workouts and eating less can help in losing weight. This is not completely true.
If you are ready to stick to a low carb diet for certain period of time, you will lose your weight for sure. The key difference between following low carb diet and eating less is that when you eat less, you remain hungry throughout the day and it can make you tired.
On the other hand, if you go on a low carb diet, for instance, by avoiding sugar or starch or anything that contains higher amount of carbohydrates, you will feel less hungry. So there is no reason to eat less when you are hungry.
In brief, low carb diet helps reduce the hunger and resultantly you will eat less. Today, a growing number of weight loss supplements brands are realizing this and coming up with low carb based remedies for weight loss.
If you still can’t lose weight with low carb diet, here are 15 reasons that may cause that.
How Easy It Is To Follow A Low Carb Diet?
Unlike common weight loss strategies like “eating less” where you have to compromise your hunger, low carb diet is simple and easy to stick to. The only thing you need to do is to come up with a diet where food items with higher quantity of carbohydrates have no place. You can eat the low carb food until you are completely satisfied.
Best Low-Carb Diet and the Role of Exercise in a Low-Carb Diet written by: Crystal Clarke
What is the Best Low Carb Diet ?
Low carb diet are many, but so many people agree on is Atkins 40 Plan.
Benefits of the Atkins 40 Plan:
-Every food group in this plan is permitted: you can enjoy foods from all of the food groups, including proteins, vegetables, fats and carbohydrates, in specific quantities.
-You are sure to never feel hungry: the quantity of food permitted in this plan and the combination of different food groups keeps you feeling satisfied. The 3 meals and 2 snacks per day will prevent cravings.
-You start the plan with by calculating net carbs, aiming for 40 grams every day. You can calculate them by subtracting fiber and sugar from the total carbs found in your food. Net carbs have a major impact on blood sugar regulation, preventing feelings of hunger and cravings.
-Example of a 40 gram net carb day: 3 meals (of 10 grams each)=30 grams, plus 2 snacks (of 5 grams each)=10 grams.
-Carbs should come from 6 to 8 servings of vegetables, plus 3 to 5 servings of other carbs per day.
-Fat and protein: eat 3 servings of protein, of 4 to 6 ounces each, and 2 to 4 servings of fat per day.
-One serving of fat is equivalent to 1 teaspoon of oil, 1 tablespoon of margarine, mayonnaise, salad dressing or cream cheese, or 2 tablespoons of light cream cheese.
Check out more low carb diet types here.
What is the Role of Exercise In A Low-Carb Diet?
Please note that it is always recommended that you talk to your doctor before starting any exercise program.
-Exercise boosts your metabolism.
-It helps you to reach and maintain an optimal weight.
-Endurance, or cardio training burns calories.
-Weight, or resistance, training has a positive effect on bones, muscles, brain function and mood.
-Resistance training increases the number of mitochondria in your cells, which burns more fat. (More muscle=more mitochondria=greater fat loss).
-Exercise and muscle burn calories even while you are not working out.
-Recommended frequency is 20 minutes per day, 3 or more days per week.
-Sample exercises for beginners include: squats, push-ups, dips, bicep curls, crunches, lunges, lateral leg raises, stretches, step ups, deep-breathing.
Try this amazing workout and let us know the results.
In a high fat and low carb diet, how does one avoid the effects of too much saturated fat and thus artery clogging?
AVOID THE INTAKE OF PROCESSED MEATS
Processed product tend to contain Trans fats that increase the cholesterol level in the body. With the in cholesterol, fats deposit in the arteries, therefore, increasing the risk of artery-clogging. If you are on a high-fat diet, it is advisable to consume unprocessed meats among other products. Also, if you are to consume processed products, it’s advisable that you only purchase the products of the highest quality.
ENGAGE INSUFFICIENT EXERCISE PRACTISE THAT RESONATES WITH THE DIET
It is recommended to anyone on a high-fat diet to formulate a vigorous exercise routine. Exercise is a sure and proven way to reduce fat and therefore cholesterol that contributes to artery clogging. Through exercise, the body can break down and eliminates saturated fats substantially lowering the risk of clogging.
ONE SHOULD STICK TO A DIET WITH SMALL INFLAMMATORY FAT.
Over the years, inflammatory fats have been identified as the leading cause of artery clogging due to their complex nature that takes long to break by the body. But, even though inflammatory fat are associated with high-fat diet, scientists have discovered that not all fat foods possess them. It is, therefore, paramount that you are carefully about the choice of diet you intend to maintain.
It is thinking that looks at the risk that fat diets expose one too. In today’s world, classifying all fat foods as unhealthy is viewed as a much safer approach to encouraging people to adopt a healthy lifestyle. Society seems to base its decision on what’s healthy or unhealthy depending on commercial ads which show many high-fat diets healthy.
The number of calories that a person consumes in a day may also lower the risk of artery-clogging. With a clearer guideline of a number of calories that you should consume in a given day, you stand a better position to control your saturated fat level avoiding the risk of artery-clogging.
There you have it guys. That’s my complete low carb diet guide. Hope that helps as it helped me shed weight in a matter of days.
Now, what do you guys think about low carb diet? Is is something you feel you can stick to? Let us know in the comment box below. Cheers!